Find Your Holiday Spirits | A Mythic Catskills Weekend
December 7 – 9, 2018
Maybe you adore the holidays… Maybe you look at them with a dry cynicism… And maybe you yearn for holiday celebrations that echo with a half-forgotten warmth and cheer. We’ve got you covered! From wry to rye, we’ll help you find your holiday spirits.
Spillian is delighted to partner with Table to Farm Tours to invite you to come and taste – literally and metaphorically – the terroir of the Catskills ciders, beers, and spirits and bring some back to your hearth for your celebrating this holiday season.
Join with us as we introduce you to an extraordinary group of makers who bring the soil, water, and grains and fruits of the Catskills to life as ciders, beers, and spirits. You’ll wander with the inspiring team from Table to Farm Tours on a private tasting tour to several of the finest craft brewers and distillers in the country, and learn how they make their magic in bottles and kegs.
And discover some of Spillian’s favorite mixed drink magic, try your hand at mixology, and celebrate with some special musical guests…and, of course, feast. The food. Oh, the food…
Find Your Holiday Spirits at Spillian. It’s Mythic. Local. Real.
Join us for the full weekend; for the Saturday tasting tour, mixology contest and feast; or the mixology contest and feast.Register Now!
Mythic Catskills Weekends
Spillian’s Mythic Catskills Weekends are an intersection with the essence of the Catskills: the forests, the mountains, the people, the deep stories that make this place so compelling.
Each weekend celebrates a facet of this gem-like place: its food, its fish and streams, its ringing summer, its snow-spangled winters, its flowing creative life force.
Come for a weekend of grand adventure. Feast. Explore. Hear the great stories and share your own. Revel in the mythic possibility of the Catskills and find where it sings in your life – and then bring that song back home with you.
Find Your Holiday Spirits | What’s Included
Mixing It Up
- A robust farm-to-table charcuterie, including local meats, cheeses, spring greens, house made hummus, relishes, chutneys, and more from our neighboring farmers and food producers.
- A mixology class, teaching you to make three Spillian favorite featured cocktails: The Spillian Trout Tail, birthed at our Catskills Trout Tales events with Union Grove Distillery vodka and Tree Juice maple syrup; The Spillian Campfire, with Prohibition Distillery gin, pine simple syrup, and smoke; and Spillian’s take on wassail, featuring locally pressed cider.
- Tales, real and mythic, about the history and lore of booze in the Catskills in front of the blazing fire.
Finding Your Holiday Spirits Tour
- A Catskills breakfast featuring eggs from Spillian Farm’s ridiculous chickens.
- A custom Catskills distillery/cidery/brewery tour with Table to Farm Tours, with flight tastings at each, and a chance to buy the flavors you adore to spark your holiday celebrations. Our itinerary includes several award-winning Catskills spots: Wayside Cider and Tap Room, Roscoe Beer Company, Catskill Brewery, and Prohibition Distillery.
- A lunch at one of our local breweries.
- A chance to laze by the fire or on the porch for a bit before dinner, watching the sky change down the valley.
- 6 PM: A Happy Hour of Mixology Contest: with ingredients awaiting you, featuring the amazing spirits from Union Grove Distillery, including a very special chance to try their brand new, small batch Fir Gin. Here’s your chance to mix the next great Spillian cocktail, with naming rights! Get your inner mixologist working! The competition will be fierce…
- 7 PM: A family-style feast from Spillian’s chef Christian Van Etten, featuring flavors from the farms you visited during the day. Menu coming soon, but smoke and flame will be involved…
- A special guest appearance by Lady Parts, a superb a cappella quartet to stamp out your inner Scrooge and make you all woogly with holiday spirit
- Storytelling of the history and legends of the Catskills and its colorful history with beers, ciders, and spirits.
The Morning After
- A Spillian breakfast.
- A class with Chef Christian on how to make the perfect post-celebratory, comfort food anti-hangover over dish based on a generation’s old family recipe for chicken with home made noodles, and maybe even a little hair of the dog. We’ll send the recipe home with you!
- A gathering around Spillian’s feasting table to down your the delicacies.
The Saturday Spirits Feast Menu
A family style feast around our extraordinary mahogany dining table, all dressed for the season. This table is a true place of convivium, where tales are topped, ideas are birthed, and friendships created. Chef Christian Van Etten will be offering:
- Salad: with fried goat cheese and leeks, grapes, and hazlenuts, over mixed greens with a local hard cider dressing
- Porchetta: a sumptious rolled pork loin and belly roast with herbs finished with Averna liqueur
- Sliced duck breast and duck confit with a brandy and current sauce
- Roasted golden beets, brussel sprouts with swiss chard and Drambuie balsamic glaze
- Rum flambéed sweet potato and apple tian
- Farro with wild mushrooms and kale, onions, cooked in IPA
- Prune Armagnac Ice Cream with Dark Gingerbread
Full weekend fee includes all sessions including guided farm tour, meals; Catskills ciders, beers and spirits tasting; and lodging at Spillian.. Evening cash bar, purchases on farms, tax, and gratuities not included. Click here to learn more about our splendid guest rooms!
Full Find Your Holiday Spirits Weekend For One: $595
Per person, single room occupancy. Check in any time after 3 PM on Friday.
Full Find Your Holiday Spirits For a Couple: $895
For the couple, double room occupancy. Check in any time after 3 PM on Friday.
Saturday Tour, Feast & Festivities: $185 per person
(Join us for the farm wander, dinner, and tales around the fire. Please be at Spillian by 9:45 for a 10 AM departure.)
Saturday Feast & Festivities: $65 per person
(Join us for the mixology contest, feast and festivities. Cocktail hour begins at 6 PM, dinner at 7 PM.)
About Table To Farm Tours
Our goal is to connect the dots for you, curating tours to a variety of local producers from creameries to tea blenders, veggie farms to hard cideries, creating an experience you’ll remember long after you’ve visited the Catskills. Hop in our comfortable van and we’ll take you on full day tour or come along for an evening of amazing libations and excellent farm-to-table food. You’ll have opportunities to meet individual farmers and makers, hear their stories, learn about their philosophies, tour their site, and taste some amazing food and drink. Learn more here.
About Lady Parts
An impressive collage of stunning voices unite to present Lady Parts. Each individual ‘Part’ brings rich and varied experience that spans the globe and includes some of the worlds greatest performance venues. Our individual repertoire covers nearly every imaginable genre from early music to opera to big band to pop/rock to new music. The result? Together we ‘Parts’ form a ravishing result to create a kaleidoscope of vocal color and imagination that captivates and engages. Catch us soon, a vocal sound experience to savor! Learn more here.