Trout Tales at Spillian: A Fish Fest & Feast
On the threshold of the new season, another gathering of the clan…and the event that launched Catskills Trout Tales!
Saturday, April 7, 2018
• 1 PM – 5 PM Demos and Expo with Licensed Guides, World-Class Anglers, • Biologists, Gear Specialists, and More!
• 5 PM – 6 PM Happy Hour Featuring the Trout Tail, A Catskills Cocktail
• 6 PM – Dinner & Fish Tale Story Telling Contest
Ticket Information Buy tickets now!
• Adult entry to the afternoon Fish Fest. $
15.00 SPECIAL ADVANCE PRICE: $10.00
• Kid’s entry to the afternoon Fish Fest. FREE!
• Dinner at the Trout Feast and Fish Tales. $40.00
Advance ticket purchase requested for the Fish Expo and required for the Trout Feast.
More about Trout Tales at Spillian: A Fish Fest & Feast
Whether you’re a beginner looking to find out more about fly fishing Catskill streams, or you’re one of the “charmed circle” of fly fishermen, we hope you’ll join us for Trout Tales at Spillian, the fourth annual hands-on day celebrating all things trout, and the launch of the 2018 Catskills Trout Tales Season. Try, test, taste, experience, explore…and it all culminates in a fishing feast of old, around the grand table, where we’ll swap fishing tales…some may even be true!
We’ll have some of the Catskills’ greatest fly fishermen sharing the secrets of casting, fly-tying, reading streams, where to hike into legendary waters and secret fishing spots, cooking trout, the right gear, and more, culminated with a superb trout feast in the evening. (And trout stories. Of course. There must be fish stories. Some may even be true…)
If you’ve always wanted to explore trout fishing but didn’t know where to start, here’s your chance! And if you love all things trout and want to get a jump on newest cool gear, come on by.
This event is the center of a growing regional celebration of all things trout throughout the Catskills in the early spring, inviting visitors to experience the magic of the birthplace of American fly-fishing, co-produced by the Ashokan Pepacton Chapter of Trout Unlimited.
• Kids welcome, and free 15 and under for the afternoon (dinner separate) Buy tickets now!
• Bring your best fish tale and win best tale-teller of the evening
• Limited seating available at dinner, so make your reservations now
• Weekend lodging available! Call 800-811-3351 for more information
• Learn more about Catskills Trout Tales as a growing regional partnership here