Trout Tales at Spillian: A Fish Fest & Feast
On the threshold of the new season, another gathering of the clan…and the event that launched Catskills Trout Tales!
Saturday, April 7, 2018
• 1 PM – 5 PM Demos and Expo with over 40 Licensed Guides, World-Class Anglers, Biologists, Gear Specialists, and More! Plus special Spillian trout tacos and other treats for sale, and a cash bar.
• 5 PM – 6 PM Happy Hour Featuring the Spillian Trout Tail Cocktail with Union Grove Vodka, and Roscoe Trout Town Ale and live music from Bill Duke and the Hyzer Hillbillies
• 6 PM – Dinner & Fish Tale Story Telling Contest
Enter The Catskills Trout Tales Getaway Contest!
Chances to win: A Mythic Catskills Weekend for Two at Spillian, A Trout Tales Pedicure for two at the Emerson Resort & Spa, A Guided Expedition with Esopus Creel or Upstate Adventure Guides, and more! We’ll help you get registered online.
A Trout Unlimited Benefit Raffle!
And for families: A raffle for a child’s beginning fly fishing gear set from Trout Unlimited
• Adult entry to the afternoon Fish Fest. $10.00
Buy tickets now!
• Kid’s entry to the afternoon Fish Fest. FREE!
• Dinner at the Trout Feast and Fish Tales. SOLD OUT!
Please call us at 800.811.3351 if you’d like to be added to the waiting list for dinner.
More about Trout Tales at Spillian: A Fish Fest & Feast
Whether you’re a beginner looking to find out more about fly fishing Catskill streams, or you’re one of the “charmed circle” of fly fishermen, we hope you’ll join us for Trout Tales at Spillian, the fourth annual hands-on day celebrating all things trout, and the launch of the 2018 Catskills Trout Tales Season. Try, test, taste, experience, explore…
We’ll have some of the Catskills’ greatest fly fishermen sharing the secrets of casting, fly-tying, reading streams, where to hike into legendary waters and secret fishing spots, cooking trout, the right gear, and more, culminated with a superb trout feast in the evening. (And trout stories. Of course. There must be fish stories. Some may even be true…)
If you’ve always wanted to explore trout fishing but didn’t know where to start, here’s your chance! And if you love all things trout and want to get a jump on newest cool gear, come on by.
This event is the center of a growing regional celebration of all things trout throughout the Catskills in the early spring, inviting visitors to experience the magic of the birthplace of American fly-fishing, co-produced by the Ashokan Pepacton Chapter of Trout Unlimited.
• Kids welcome, and free 15 and under for the afternoon (dinner separate)
• Bring your best fish tale and win best tale-teller of the evening
• Limited seating available at dinner, so make your reservations now
• Learn more about Catskills Trout Tales as a growing regional partnership here
Presenters and Exhibitors Include
• Trout Unlimited*
• Orvis 50/50 On the Water
• Heidi Nute, World Record Tarpon Fly Fishing Champion
• Lucci Kelly, Fly Fishing Historian
• NY State Outdoor Guide’s Association
• Catskill Forest Association
• NYS Department of Environmental Conservation
• NYC Department of Environmental Protection
• Kenco Work & Play Outfitter*
• Upstate Adventure Guides*
• Esopus Creel*
• Phoenicia Library/Jerry Bartlett Angling Collection
• Catskill Mountain Angler
• Mark Loete Photography
• Orvis Sandanona
• Catskill Mountain Club
• Autumn Peaks Guide Service
• Kayaking in the Catskills | Susan’s Pleasant Pheasant Farm*
• Catskill Regional Invasive Species Partnership
• The Catskill Interpretive Center | The Catskill Center*
• Catskill Dream Team*
• Mary Jeanniton, Artist
• Ellen Crawford, Fly Jewelry
• Union Grove Distillery*
• Roscoe Beer Company
• And more!
*Catskills Trout Tales Founding Partner
The Presenters Schedule
Buy tickets now!