Forage Your Feast | A Mythic Catskills Weekend
November 22-24, 2019
In this era of illusion, many of us are yearning for realness. For authenticity.
Come to the source and taste some as the Catskill summer thrums to life.
Spillian is proud to partner with Table to Farm Tours to invite you to come and taste – literally and metaphorically – the terroir of the Catskills and bring it back to your table for your feasting this holiday season.
Join with us as we introduce you to an extraordinary group of farmers who love this land, in all of its beauty and its harshness, and produce food that tastes of all that the Catskills awaken in us. You’ll wander with the inspiring team from Table to Farm Tours to a hand-selected array of Catskills farms, offering the bounty of late fall on a custom designed private tour. You can bring the flavors of the Catskills directly home to your celebrations. Food tastes different when you not only know where it comes from, but also when you’ve met the folks who have brought it into being.
Forage Your Feast at Spillian. It’s Mythic. Local. Real.
Mythic Catskills Weekends
Spillian’s Mythic Catskills Weekends are an intersection with the essence of the Catskills: the forests, the mountains, the people, the deep stories that make this place so compelling.
Each weekend celebrates a facet of this gem-like place: its food, its fish and streams, its ringing summer, its snow-spangled winters, its flowing creative life force.
Come for a weekend of grand adventure. Feast. Explore. Hear the great stories and share your own. Revel in the mythic possibility of the Catskills and find where it sings in your life – and then bring that song back home with you.
Forage Your Feast | What’s Included
We’re still finalizing the schedule, but this will give you an idea of what we’re planning!
An evening of Catskills Flavors
- A robust farm-to-table charcuterie, including local meats, dairy and vegan cheeses, spring greens, hummus, relishes, chutneys, and more from our neighboring farmers and food producers.
- A tasting of the Catskills led by one of our amazing local craft distillers or brewers.
- Tales, real and mythic, about farmed and wild food in the Catskills and bonfire.
Foraging Your Feast on the Farms
- Begin your day with a Catskills breakfast featuring eggs from Spillian Farm’s ridiculous chickens.
- A custom Catskills farm tour with Table to Farm Tours, tasting and gathering the foods that speak to your soul and taste buds to inspire your holiday cooking.
- A lunch at one of our local farm-to-table restaurants.
- A cocktail hour and mixology contest featuring Catskills spirits.
- A six-course local feast from Spillian’s chef Christian Van Etten, featuring flavors from the farms you visited during the day.
- Storytelling of the history and legends of the Catskills and its food, and how it lands our yearning for a sense of place.
- Live music from the heart of the Catskills.
Foraging Wild Woods Flavors
- A Spillian breakfast.
- A gentle guided moving meditation inviting you to savor a sense of place in the Catskills.
- Foraging on Spillian’s property and a cooking lesson with Chef Christian.
- A gathering to sample your culinary masterpiece.
The Saturday Feast
A family style feast around our extraordinary mahogany dining table, all dressed for the season. This table is a true place of convivium, where tales are topped, ideas are birthed, and friendships created. Stay tuned for chef Christian Van Etten’s menu!