Spillian: A Place to Revel
A world that inspires, embraces, and regenerates.
On an extraordinary 19th Century Catskills estate.
The archetypal private mountain estate you’ve been dreaming of, tucked on over thirty acres in the Catskill Forest. All-inclusive. No worries. Creative and epicurean…
An extraordinary 1880’s Gilded Age mansion built by the Fleischmanns Yeast family, this archetypal Catskills estate has brought family, friends, and dreamers together for over a hundred years. The walls of this great house are filled with memories of laughter, of music, of conversations, of strengthening bonds. Elegantly rustic. Charming. Welcoming. Over 30 acres of forests and meadows traversed with gentle walking trails past moss-covered ruins. A superb kitchen with an innovative chef. Hand-selected, hand-crafted wines, beers, and spirits. Eight splendid bedrooms, each delightfully unique. The perfect porch for stories and cigars. Stars. The smell of woodsmoke and the sound of wind in the pines. A deer, pausing at the pond at dawn.
- A 5,000 square foot Stick Style mansion built as part of a summer compound with clear pine paneling and superb historic wall frescos, soon to be listed on the National Register of Historic Places
- A welcoming mix of antique and contemporary furniture, beautiful and comfortable
- A deep porch with rocking chairs, perfect for watching the light change on the mountain or for receptions, movement classes, dining, and breakout sessions
- Glorious indoor gathering space that will serve up to 75 for meetings and up to 100 for celebrations
- A Great Room/meeting room with antique furniture and a wood burning fireplace
- A formal dining room with three grand chandeliers and a feasting table that seats 20, along with a second wood burning fireplace
- A sun room with bar/breakfast bar and additional table seating that is perfect for meals, receptions, or break out sessions for working groups
- Flexible seating for your gathering inside and outside
- 8 exquisite bedrooms with shared baths (can configure as smaller suites with private baths)
- Technology: WiFi, surround sound system, video projector and full sized screen for presentations
- An antique Steinway grand piano and Salvi Concert Grand Harp in the Great Room
- A fully licensed, gorgeous commercial kitchen (that is great for cooking classes!) and a superb, innovative chef who works closely with local farmers to bring the freshest Catskills cuisine to the table
- Full liquor license with staffing as needed
- Up a long driveway out of the 21st Century and into a more gracious era on a completely private 33 acre estate, offering:
- The Meadow: a secluded with stone-ringed bonfire area, picnic tables, and a superb stone stage, perfect for large or small gatherings, ceremonies, performances, and presentations just moments from the mansion
- A cleared level glade in the forest with stone walls – a cathedral in the woods – future site of an extraordinary rustic pavilion and amphitheater, also moments from the mansion
- The Heartwood: acres of forest and meadows with over a mile of trails to wander on foot or snow shoes, with springs and evocative stone ruins
- An antique gazebo, a pond, and other delightful places to stop so the magic of the mountains can clear your head & heart
- Five minutes from skiing, hiking, and boating…
Let’s talk about finding magic at Spillian. What are you dreaming?
We’re in the glorious Catskills.
Find out where here is.
Join our email list
Be in the know with the cool kids.
No spam. Promise.
Share your ideas about a radio show guest or topic.